Lifetime Sheds - 6406 8 Foot x 5 Foot Storage Shed
Lifetime sheds model 6406 represents the smallest, expandable outdoor shed in Lifetime Products line. The 8 foot by 5 foot floor plan is perfect for small storage needs. The length can be increased in increments of 2.5 feet if needed. Included in this storage shed are several shelves and a couple of peg strips. These added features make storing your tools and equipment a breeze. Lifetime Products backs up these sheds with a 10-year warranty, providing you a long life of use. Made with high-density polyethylene (HDPE) plastic, these sheds require little maintenance. No repainting is required as these sheds will not fade, crack, or peel in the sunlight. Spend more time enjoying your shed with Lifetime storage sheds.
Wall, Roof, and Floor Construction
The walls, roof, and floor panels are made with HDPE plastic. HPDE is easily moldable into different textures. The floor panels feature a slip-resistant pattern. The walls show a wood-grain molding to provide the attractive appearance of wood. The roof panels feature a simulated shingle look. HDPE plastic will not fade, crack, or peel like traditional plastics. The HPDE plastic used in Lifetime sheds is also treated to resist UV degradation, keeping your shed looking great for years to come.
Doors, and Roof Trusses
The doors and roof are reinforced with powder-coated steel. The 6406 Lifetime plastic shed has one roof truss, which provides a strong 23 pounds-per-square foot of snow load capacity on top of the building. The door reinforcements provide rigidty and strength to the door frame and locking mechanisms. Powder coating the steel also helps the metal resist rusting.
Low Maintenance Required for Lifetime Sheds
Because HDPE does not degrade like other plastics in the sunlight, or weaken and warp like wood, Lifetime sheds require little to not maintenance. HDPE does not need to be repainted like wood materials. HDPE is also very easy to clean, typically requiring nothing more than soap and water.
What is the Size Good For?
The 8x5 nominal size for this Lifetime shed typically provides enough room for modest yard equipment storage. For instance, this size should fit most pushing lawnmowers. Wheel barrows might also be stored in the shed. The included storage shelves and peg hooks should provide ample room and location to store most gardening tools.
6406 Lifetime Plastic Shed Features and Specs
- Comes with a 10-year warranty from Lifetime Products.
- Expandable using model 6422 and 6424 extensions kits.
- Walls, roof, and floor made with HDPE plastic.
- Minimal maintenance required to keep shed looking great.
- No repainting is needed.
- Doors have internal latching and deadbolt mechanism.
- Doors have external padlock loop to lock down the shed.
- Comes with 1 latch-and-lock window.
- Includes 1 90x9 inch shelf, 2 30x10 inch shelves, 2 corner shelves, and 2 16-inch peg strips with tool hooks.
- 2 skylights on the roof ridge help illuminate the interior of the shed with natural light.
- Easily cleaned, typically needing nothing more than soap and water.
- Floor Thickness: 0.75 inches.
- Nominal Dimensions: 8 ft. x 5 ft.
- Footprint: 94 in. W x 58 in. D.
- Exterior Width: 92.75 in.
- Exterior Roof Width: 96 in.
- Exterior Depth: 55.5 in.
- Exterior Roof Depth: 60 in.
- Exterior Height: 96 in.
- Eave Depth: 2 in.
- Fascia Height: 1.25 in.
- Roof Pitch: 6:12 .
- Trusses: 1.
- Door Opening Dimensions: 56 in. x 76 in.
- Window Opening Dimensions: 16.5 in. W x 16.5 in. H.
- Interior Width: 90 in.
- Interior Depth: 54 in.
- Interior Height – Minimum: 70 in.
- Interior Height – Maximum: 94 in.
- Square Feet: 33.8 square feet.
- Cubic Feet: 232.7 cubic feet.
- Wind Rating: 65 mph.
- Snow Load capacity: 23 pounds per square foot.
- Packaged Dimensions:
- Box 1: 95 inches L x 32.33 inches W x 8 inches H, 213 lbs.
- Box 2: 95 inches L x 32.33 inches W x 8 inches H, 163 lbs.
6406 Lifetime Plastic Shed Shipping Details
Please note that this 6406 plastic storage shed ships via an ltl freight carrier for a curbside delivery. This type of delivery means that the customer must be present to sign for the delivery and help unload the product off the truck. The driver will not assist in moving the product on the property. Please plan ahead to have appropriate help available to help move the product packages as needed. Delivery appointments are scheduled via the freight company before delivery.